Warning: Illegal string offset 'item_display_calc' in /home/urbanbeach/public_html/wp-content/plugins/ubermenu/includes/menuitems/UberMenuItem.class.php on line 569
Warning: Cannot assign an empty string to a string offset in /home/urbanbeach/public_html/wp-content/plugins/ubermenu/includes/menuitems/UberMenuItem.class.php on line 569
Warning: Illegal string offset 'item_display_calc' in /home/urbanbeach/public_html/wp-content/plugins/ubermenu/includes/menuitems/UberMenuItem.class.php on line 679
WORKING TOGETHER TOWARDS A SUSTAINABLE FUTURE
Keeping our footprint as small as possible, we’re doing what we can to reduce energy usage and waste.
- To accept responsibility for our impact on the environment and to ensure we are undertaking measures to limit this.
- To continuously improve upon our commitment to the maintenance of the environment.
- To raise awareness of environmental issues and encourage positive changes in behaviour in customers, suppliers and colleagues.
- To communicate to our staff, guests and suppliers our sustainable actions and promote best environmental practice in everyone.
- Put in place measures to monitor, target and improve upon our sustainable activities.
More specifically we:
- Responsibly source fish; we only source fish that is in season and is from sustainable sources. We do not buy fish from the fish to avoid list www.fishonline.org and we only use Marine Stewardship Council fish in our fish and chips and fish cakes recipes.
- We source local produce from nearby growers when it is in season, as well as making use of our own farm and kitchen herb garden. Track what is growing on the Urban Farm at Sopley, New Forest.
- Offer a selection of free range, high welfare, organic and fairly traded products.
- Provide products which have been farmed to the highest quality standards.
- Paper products are procured from sustainable sources.
- We reduce, reuse or recycle where ever possible any waste that is produced is dealt with in the most ecological way.
- Continuously monitor our energy consumption and set targets to reduce the amount we consume.
- Create and maintain strong relationships with our suppliers and encourage them to operate in a sustainable manner.
- Raise awareness of environmental issues.
- Provide staff with training on environmental issues and products.
- We are transparent and honest with our customers and the team.
To learn more about our commitment to sustainability, local produce and the independent hospitality business – check out the Humans of Hospitality podcast. It’s hosted by founder of the Urban Guild – Mark Cribb – and you’ll get to hear from the producers of ingredients and the people who combine those ingredients to bring you new dishes and drinks.
Each week brings a new inspiring story. Through it you’ll learn about the challenges facing independent businesses in this sector, from excruciatingly tight profit margins to tackling competitors such as Deliveroo and UberEats.
Monday - Closed
Tuesday - Closed
Wednesday - 1000-2300 (food until 10)
Thursday - 0800-2300 (food until 10)
Friday - 0800-2300 (food until 10)
Saturday - 0800-2300 (food until 10)
Sunday - 0800-2000 (food until 6)
Whether you're popping in for a Sunday lunch with family, a bite to eat with friends or a romantic dinner for two, you can book a table or a room with us.