10 THINGS TO DO WHEN YOU ARE STAYING WITH US
There is so much to do nearby. Walk to the beach or to watch AFC Bournemouth or your favourite band or to the shops. And jump on the train or the car and you can use us as a base to explore the New Forest, or the Purbecks, Salisbury or Poole Quay.
Ten things to do in nearby Boscombe, Bournemouth and Poole
Flanked by the New Forest on one side and the Purbecks on the other, we love our local area and can tell you plenty of its secrets. So we’ve come up with a list of ’10 things to do when you’re staying in sunny Bournemouth’! Whole heartedly recommended by us, the Urban Crew!
Some of us here have been in Dorset for all of our lives, others came to visit the area and have never left. Once you get here and experience what the area has to offer you can understand why we love where we live and we think you would love it too.
We were asked to put together a few things we like to do on our days off, it was tough to choose only 10 items with Dorset being such a rich and varied county, but these are some of our suggestions. This list is by no means exhaustive, there are plenty more things to do; with the kids, as a couple, to relax or to get active, just ask, we have a loads of ideas.
So, in no particular order, here they are:
- Have a pint of ale in the pub garden at the Bankes Arms, Studland. This pub has so much choice, it’s a great treat at the end of a gentle hike out to Old Harry’s Rocks. The views back across the bay are spectacular.
- Enjoy a dinner to the setting sun on the balcony at our beachfront restaurant Urban Reef checking out the best view in town. Local and seasonal food, produced with love served in a friendly, relaxed atmosphere. If you’re in a hurry or fancy lunch on the sand, The Wood Oven is our pizza take-away just next door to Urban Reef.
- Take a guided tour of the Isle Purbecks with Tim at Discover Dorset, we did and we loved it. The Jurassic coast is the only natural world heritage site in the UK and it is really mesmerising, you don’t have to be a geologist to enjoy it. The tour takes you to all the hot spots, with tit bits of information along the way. Do make sure you visit Durdle Door a natural arch in the sea, so magnificent it deserves a spot of its own on our list.
- See Durdle Door, hike down to the beautiful coloured pebbles on the beach and stare out to sea through the striking relic. For some of us this is actually our favourite place on Earth.
- Eat a slab of Kay’s carrot cake, available from us or at the Urban Reef deli. Freshly baked on site Kay makes a great selection of sweet treats. Find out more about Kay in her Urban Legend video.
- Take a walk out to Hengistbury Head and the beautiful coloured beach huts on Mudeford sand spit.
- See the Jurassic coastline from the water on the Poole Sea Safari, as seen on our episode of Four in a Bed! A couple of hours bombing it around on the water. Don’t worry they supply the water proofs : )
- Do some Yoga, we have a special Retreat package offered in partnership with the Yoga Lounge. The ultimate luxury chill out.
- Start on your way to becoming a pro surfer, take a surfing lesson with our good friends at Sorted Surf Shop (Kids lessons start from around £15 for two hours running daily over holidays and adults from £30. Booking is essential) or Surf Steps right from Boscombe pier. Be honest, it’s everyone’s dream!
- Go for a drive around the New Forest. Visit the pubs, see the freely roaming ponies and take in this vastly different landscape. Borrow some wellies from the hotel and go for a walk too.
- (Well it’s our list and we couldn’t not mention Jenkins & Sons). If you love steak, meats & fish cooked over charcoal or craft beer from local legends then a trip to Penn Hill in Poole is in order. Our sister bar and restaurant is perfect for breakfast, morning coffee, a beer in the sun or an evening meal.
If you see anything you would like to do and want us to book it for you, we will. Give us a call us on 01202 301509 or when you’re staying, pop down to reception and we’ll be very happy to help.
PIERS & BEACHES
EXPLORE – THE PURBECKS
THE WOOD OVEN
EXPLORE- NEW FOREST
JENKINS & SONS
Open seven days a week
Breakfast daily 8.00am - 11.30am Food served 12.00pm - 10.00pm Bar closes at 11.00pm
Breakfast daily 8.00am - 11.30am
Food served 12.00pm - 10.00pm
Bar closes at 11.00pm
Whether you're popping in for a Sunday lunch with family, a bite to eat with friends or a romantic dinner for two, you can book a table or a room with us.
OF A HUG?
JOIN OUR LOYALTY SCHEME FOR AMAZING WEEKLY DEALS