DOG FRIENDLY ROOMS
We love dogs, and dogs that love us back are even better. Here are a few things you need to know when booking a dog friendly room at the Urban Beach Hotel x
It’s a huggy – dog world
We are very lucky to be in such an amazing location for your four-legged friends. With the beach on our doorstep and the gardens even closer, your pet will be sure to be wagging it’s tail all day long x
To book your best friend to stay with you, just add it as an extra when you book to stay in room 1.
So, room 1 is our dog-friendly room. It will have a cosy, warm doggy bed in there ready for you, but if your pet prefers their own bed – please do not hesitate to bring that with you.
We also have dog bowls for water, and we sell cans of Lily’s Kitchen food behind the bar if you have forgotten to bring your pup some grub. Lily’s Kitchen tastes awesome to doggies, and is packed with proper meat and veg that is vetinary approved.
WHERE TO WALK
The best one – the BEACH! Our paw-fect friends love the sand and the sea, whatever the weather. Boscombe beach is just a five minute walk down the hill from our lovely hotel, and Bournemouth pier & town center is only a leisurely 40 minute walk along the beach. Check the Bournemouth website to see when dogs are allowed off the lead to free-roam the beach.
Slades Farm – in the lovely talbot village, there is actually a doggy play park ran by Bournemouth council. You’d most likely need a car to reach this one x
Bournemouth tree trail is another amazing route for humans and their four legged friends. The trail gives your pup a good two hour walk, and you’ll get to see the various beautiful gardens that Bournemouth is home to. You’ll all kinds of wildlife along the way, and you could even stop off at our dog-friendly sister venue, Urban Garden, for a half-way pit stop. Learn more about it here.
WHERE TO REST
Bournemouth is definitely a doggy town. Our favourite, dog-friendly bars, cafes and restaurants (apart from our very own!) are:
– Urban Reef, cafe, bar & restaurant. They are our sister venue living on Boscombe beach, just five minutes down the road.
– Cafe Bosconova in Boscombe. Dogs are allowed inside and outside, perfect for a more in-land experience.
– Urban Garden – a cafe, bar and restaurant in Bournemouth Gardens. The tree-top terraces are perfect for doggies that prefer grass to sand.
PET SHOPS & VETS
We hope your little buddy doesn’t fall ill, but if they do – the nearest vets to us is Spring Corner vets. There are tonnes of shops on Boscombe high street where you can purchase goodies for your pet too – for example Wilko, Poundstretcher, Sainsbury’s etc. Please ask a member of staff if you’d like some more info – a lot of them are pet owners in the local area themselves x
TERMS & CONDITIONS
- It will cost you £25 per night to have your doggy with you. This is to accommodate for extra cleaning and facilities used – guide dogs and assistance dogs are exempt from these charges. Please chat with our staff if you have any more questions.
- Our head house keeper, Tara, takes great pride in looking after our beautiful rooms at Urban Beach. If a pet fouls in the room, there will be a £50 charge.
- We LOVE dogs at Urban Beach, especially when they love us back. We know that like humans, dogs can have their down days too. But, because we have lots of other people staying at our hotel – if we do see any aggressive behavior from a pet it may have to be removed from the grounds.
- When you’re on holiday with your best friend – we ask you not to leave them on their own at the hotel under any circumstances. Our staff love dogs, but cannot take responsibility for them.
- The hotel does not accept liability for any loss, damage or illness to pets.
- Room 1 is our dog friendly room. You may have a few friends staying in our rooms that aren’t dog friendly – please do not let your dog into these rooms.
- Some visitors to the hotel might not like dogs (I know, they must be CRAZY) – and we must respect that. We ask that pets are kept on a leash and under control to ensure everyone has the best time they can have at Urban Beach.
- Maximum of one dog in a room, we can squeeze in two small dogs upon staff judgement.
Monday - Closed
Tuesday - Closed
Wednesday - 1000-2300 (food until 10)
Thursday - 0800-2300 (food until 10)
Friday - 0800-2300 (food until 10)
Saturday - 0800-2300 (food until 10)
Sunday - 0800-2000 (food until 6)
Whether you're popping in for a Sunday lunch with family, a bite to eat with friends or a romantic dinner for two, you can book a table or a room with us.
JOIN OUR MAILING LIST TO KEEP IN THE LOOP